Buy From Amazon
Prefer the Kindle Version? We've got one. Get it now from the Kindle Store
· Come on, you aren’t being logical here.
· You’re letting your emotions interfere with your thinking.
Clearly, an accusation, and often used in a sexist, or stereotypic way by men commenting on a woman’s behavior. In any event, nobody likes to be told this, even when it’s true, so it tends to side-track away from the issue.
Make It Better:
If you feel the other person is allowing his or her emotions to cloud judgment, you can be more helpful in the following ways.
· Jack, are you sure you’re not letting your emotions affect your thinking on this?
· Mary, why not sleep on it for a day or two, and see if you see [the issue] in the same way?
· Jerry, if you want to bounce around your ideas and thoughts on this, I’d be glad to help.